Where’s Waldo? February 21, 2011Posted by Sharon Ely Pearson in Events, On the Road Again, Thoughts & Ramblings.
Tags: Christian education, Episcopal Church, formation, social media
It’s been awhile since I’ve written here, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been doing anything. Today has been a ‘day off’ (Ha – still did laundry, had a couple of phone meetings, and succumbed to check my work e-mail). And I knew posting here has been long overdue. So, here’s a check-in.
Part of my Monday ritual is checking in on the various projects I oversee as I plan the week ahead. This week’s list:
- Travel to Chicago for the Consortium of Endowed Episcopal Parishes annual conference. I’ll be participating in the “Smart Network” for Christian formation that will feature Sam Portaro speaking on young adulthood. I’ll also be representing Church Publishing Inc. at our booth, hosting our sponsored luncheon about the Emergent Church with Stephanie Spellers, and facilitating a breakfast table conversation on Confirmation.
- Begin to organize and upload my monthly newsletter, “Living IN-Formation,” due out on March 1st.
- Prepare presentations for my trips to the Diocese of Arizona’s Children’s Ministry Summit (next weekend) and the Bishop’s Conference on Christian Formation in the Diocese of Southeast Florida (the following weekend). And that includes 4 workshop presentations, 1 keynote address, 1 sermon, and sending stuff for display. At least I will be in warmer locations!
- Making sure all the articles for Building Faith are teed up for the next two weeks. If you’re wondering why I’m not blogging so much here on Rows of Sharon lately it’s because I write about four articles a week for that one now!
- Making sure my weekly (at least) reflection on the coming Sunday’s lectionary readings is posted on The Prayer Book Guide to Christian Education’s website.
Mix all that in with caring for my parents and helping plan our daughter’s October wedding, it’s a little overwhelming to think of witty items to post. If something strikes me in my travels, I’ll post them here. But most likely you’ll find them on Building Faith.
I’ll be doing lots of people watching in airports in the coming weeks, but I try not to stand out in a crowd. One of the books my kids gave me for Christmas for my airport amusements is a pocket “Where’s Waldo” book. I’m not usually dressed in red stripes, with a walking cane or a backpack – but I usually have a lime green suitcase in town filed with electronics (laptop, LCD projector, Kindle, i-pod touch).
So if you’re wondering where I’ve been (at least at this web location), hopefully I’ve given you some other avenues in which to follow me.