You’ve asked and have been waiting … here it is – the Educational Planning Calendar for the academic year of 2016-2017 which begins with the first Sunday in June 2016 (3 Pentecost – Year C) and runs through August 27, 2017 (12 Pentecost – Year A).
Here is how it is laid out:
- Column 1: Date / Season
- Sunday noted on the church calendar
- Reading designation (proper)
- Column 2: Sunday Readings appointed for the day (following the Episcopal version of the Revised Common Lectionary). This is not the same as the ’79 BCP lectionary or the standard RCL. Episcopalians like to tweak and amend! Track 1 and Track 2 are offered when applicable.
- Old Testament / Hebrew Scripture reading
- Psalm or Canticle
- New Testament reading
- Column 3: Observances
- These can be civic (governmental holidays) or ecumenical (shared with other Christians widely)
- Space to fill in your own local practice
- Column 4: Church Events
- For you to fill in with your church’s events or notes for the day
- Column 5: Notes
- Special days (sacred and secular) that will occur during this week are noted
- Space for your notations
Don’t forget to plug-in your teacher trainings and workshops, conference opportunities, seasonal projects for Advent and Lent, pageant and play rehearsals, mission trips, VBS, recognitions and presentations, school vacations and holidays, and social activities. As requested, you can download a pdf version or a Word version.