I enjoy writing, both personally and professionally. Having articles and books published offers me an opportunity to share my thoughts as well as my experiences and research with others, hopefully supporting the reader in his or her own ministries while also contributing something that will help make a difference in the Church and beyond.
Personal reflections (such as within this website) are about life in general, while my books and articles tend to be related to Christianity, and in my case, particularly the Episcopal Church and formation ministries. I am always humbled to hear a book I have compiled or written has been of assistance to someone and when I am invited to contribute to a journal, book, or magazine.
Books are available via Amazon and other online booksellers, via the publisher (in my case Church Publishing and their distributor, Cokesbury), and Episcopal bookstores. You can locate one closest to you through the Episcopal Booksellers Association.
- The Prayer Book Guide to Christian Education, 3rd edition – with Robyn Szoke (Morehouse Publishing, 2009). Visit its companion website for weekly lectionary updates, or subscribe via its Facebook page.
- Call on Me: A Prayer Book for Young People – with Jenifer Gamber (Morehouse Publishing, 2012). Follow its Facebook page: Episcopal Prayer for Young People.
- The Episcopal Christian Educator’s Handbook (Morehouse Publishing, 2013).
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered: Theologies of Confirmation for the 21st Century (Morehouse Publishing, 2014)
- Marked for Mission: Youth in Action – with Bronwyn Skov (Morehouse Publishing, 2014)
- A People Called Episcopalians, revised edition – with John H. Westerhoff (Morehouse, 2014)
- Reclaiming the Gospel of Peace: Challenging the Epidemic of Gun Violence (Morehouse, 2015) with all royalties going to Bishops Against Gun Violence.
- Pilgrim: A Course for the Christian Journey (Church Publishing, 2016): 9 books: Leader’s Guide, Book 1: Turning to Christ, Book 2: The Lord’s Prayer, Book 3: The Commandments, Book 4: The Beatitudes, Book 5: The Creeds, Book 6: The Eucharist, Book 7: The Bible, and Book 8: Church & Kingdom.
- Episcopal Teacher Magazine: Spring 2013 (The Reality of Christian Formation Today), Spring 2010 (Adult Formation), Fall 2009 (General Convention & Christian Formation Resolutions), Summer 2009 (Year of the Child), Spring 2009 (General Convention & Ubuntu), Summer 2008 (Visioning the Future), Spring 2007 (NAECED Conference), Winter 2007 (General Convention & Advocacy), Spring 2006 (Wrestling with the Big Questions Conference), Fall 2005 (Confirmation), Summer 2005 (Discovery Centers), Spring 2005 (NAECED Conference)
- The Christian Century (Volume 131 No. 4) February 17, 2014 What reaches children? The Sunday school challenge
- Expository Times
- Episcopal Church Foundation: Vital Practices, Vestry Papers: April 2002 issue on Christian Formation, and August 2003 issue on Youth Ministry
- Building Faith – an online resource center and depository for the latest information on Christian formation
- The Center for Spiritual Resources – contributor and curator
- The Encyclopedia of Christian Education (Scarecrow Press, 2015): Entries for: Denominational Publishing, NCCC Division of Christian Education, Ecumenical Publishing, Fund for Theological Education
- Journey to the Cross, a lenten devotional on d365.org sponsored by Passport, Inc. for March 16-22, 2014
- Treasure Kids Magazine! The U.N. Rights of the Child (Episcopal Church, 2003)
- Study / Discussion Guides for the Conversations with Scripture Series, Will Our Children Have Faith? 3rd edition by John Westerhoff, and many others.
- The Power of Youth Leader’s Guide (Morehouse Education Resources, 2012).