All the planning, implementation, and celebrations of Holy Week and Easter Sunday are now a joyful memory, and those of you working in a congregation have hopefully had a quiet week of reflection and rest. But there is no rest for the weary . . . it’s time to begin evaluating this past year and begin planning for the next program year.
A checklist for the coming weeks:
- Collect feedback from volunteer leaders and teachers about what worked and what needs improvement. Plan how you will be recognizing and giving thanks to all those who have given their time and talents this past academic year.
- Begin the discernment process for calling new teachers and volunteers for next year.
- Evaluate the programs and the resources you have been using. Do they need tweaking or refreshment? Poll participants, including children and youth, about what they have found memorable and life-giving over the past nine months.
- Gather a group of parents, teachers, and other leaders together to discuss the curricula you have been using. What has worked? What hasn’t?
- From your evaluation processes, what will your goals be for next year?
- Discern what curricula and program resources can support your goals with a team that represents the ministries and cohorts of your congregation.
Some tools to help in your discernment: Continue reading It’s Planning Season!